The mission of the Hawaii Library Association is to promote library service and librarianship in Hawaii in cooperation and affiliation with the American Library Association and other groups having allied objectives.
- To promote library service in Hawaii
- To promote the profession of librarianship in Hawaii
- To promote the continued improvement of Hawaii libraries
- To support Hawaii librarians in their professional roles
- To promote the participation of Hawaii librarians and libraries in regional, national, and global arenas