The 2013 Hawaii Library Association Annual Conference will be held on
Friday 8 November and Saturday 9 November
Aulani (Disney Resort & Spa)
Teaching Library Instruction & Information Literacy: Opportunities, Challenges, and Future Directions
The purpose of this conference is to examine and share opportunities for, and challenges in teaching library instruction, information literacy, and research skills. Although HLA will consider any presentation that is interesting, entertaining, and potentially useful to Hawaii's librarians, programs reflecting the questions below are encouraged.
- How is library instruction changing and what are the implications for your library and patrons?
- What challenges are you facing in delivering library instruction and how have you adapted?
- What emerging technologies are causing you to rethink or teach differently?
- When, how, and why do you use technology in teaching library instruction and information literacy?
- How are you assessing library instruction?
- What best practices and tips can you share regarding library instruction?
- What library instruction and information literacy initiatives are under way at your library?
- What content are you teaching and what instructional techniques are you using?
- Where is library instruction and information literacy headed?
- Does theory make a difference? What constitutes good theory in library instruction and information literacy initiatives?
- How does your library train instruction librarians? How do you improve their instruction skills?
- What partnerships have you formed to teach information literacy and research skills?
The conference registration fees for the 2013 HLA Annual Conference are listed below.
HLA Member Early: $125
Non-Member Early: $175
HLA Member Late: $150
Non-Member Late: $200
HLA Member Full-time Library School Student/Retired Early: $60
Non-Member Full-Time Library School Student/Retired Early: $100
HLA Member Full-Time Library School Student/Retired Late: $70
Non Member Full-Time Library School Student/Retired Late: $110
HLA member One-Day Early: $75
HLA member One-Day Late: $100
HLA Non-Member One-Day Early: $100
HLA Non-Member One Day Late: $125
Join HLA and save money on your conference registration fee.
The 2013 Hawaii Library Association Annual Conference takes place on Friday 8 November and Saturday 9 November at the Aulani (Disney Resort & Spa). The cost of a hotel room is $289 per night (single/double occupancy) plus taxes. Although there is no additional resort fee, there is an additional $35 charge for overnight parking.
To make a hotel room reservation and receive the HLA conference rate at the Aulani, please call Disney Group Reservations at 407-939-4686 and mention you are part of the Hawaii Library Association Annual Conference or G0638383 to receive the group rate. All room reservations need to be made by the Cut-Off Date of Tuesday, October 8, 2013.